Saturday, January 11, 2014

How to make a tie- blanket..

I have seen these on youtube and thought they were a great idea for xmas gifts. They were easy to make and time, wise was about 45 mins.  I found that you need a flat surface big enough to make.. I found that my Cal king size bed was the best to make it on. This was  for Adults ..

What you need for materials;
60" wide
2 yards of flannel
2 yards of flannel
I made it with two different flannel.. you could use one color but have them cut it.
As for how heavy a flannel .. I went fleece flannel..

Straight pins
scissors
ruler


Take your flannel place good side down , and good side up . then pin around the panel about 5 inches in all around.. then.. Cut off the curly parts and white strip down the 2 sides  long one
 Then take a ruler and start to make fringe.. I use 4" cuts about 1.5" wide.. when you get to the end when you cut the side in you will find that you make a square cut out , that's good... then you tie it.. going around till finish.. You can tie like a bow or you can tie like a knot.. I you the over and over knot.












If you want to make one for a child get 45" flannel ..
Hope you enjoy this


No comments:

Post a Comment