Monday, September 26, 2011

How to make chunky salsa... canning it


To can salsa you need it to be hot.. as you are putting it in jars to be water bath process..

First you need a large pot maybe one that you make sauce in..
then 


12 plum tomatoes diced  ( I use plum as there is more meat to them)
2 large onions diced
4 jalapenos  diced  (with or without seeds mild without to hot with)


1/2 cup of diced garlic (I use jar mince garlic) if fresh about 2 heads if not more.


 1 cup lime juice
 1 teaspoon salt


Place all is large kettle and heat till comes to a boil.. then fill hot clean jars and cap process in the water bath for 15 mins for pints 30 for quarts.


I make my salsa as I would be eating it then and now.. so if  lime juice is to much for you use less .same as the salt I use less ..



No comments:

Post a Comment